I think the biggest problem that we face is that our adaptors tend to
not have a pedigree.  I have some that I know were from Radio Shack,
some that I bought at hamfests in boxes of "stuff", some with real
pedigrees (amphenol, in the bag) and some that are precision test
equipment in their own right.

If cost were no object, we would do the whole thing in hardline and
GPC-7 connectors and be done with it, right?  :)

Someone mentioned before, an elbow or tee that used a SPRING to make
the connection..  Boy, I would love to put that on my SA and see the
plot!  Probably works nicely at some frequencies, and insanely badly
at others.

I ended up having to put at least one right angle in every radio
connection. The daniels gear uses front panel N connnectors, and
there's no way I could close the cabinet door without RA connectors.
I couldn't find anything RA in N, so I used a single RA adaptor on
each of the four lines.  Not sure who makes them. Markings are "CQA"
or "CGA" and "UG-27/U"  Definitely silver plated.