On a 900 MHz Bp/Br duplexer what gets destroyed if the
power rating is exceeded? For example, I have a
Celwave base station duplexer, four sections of Bp/Br,
with RG214 between everything. It's rated for 125
watts. I know RG214 can withstand more power, as it's
used on my 440 MHz duplexer which is rated for 350
watts.

The Wacom duplexer I just bought has a 175 watt rating
but it uses RG142 coax and has a permanently-wired
connection to the antenna port (i.e. it does not use a
separate TEE connector).

I would expect the power rating to be lower as one
goes up in frequency. But if I should exceed the power
level, will the coax arc? Will the coupling loops get
deformed? Will the notch adjusting capacitors arc?
What's there that really limit the power?

Thanks.

Bob M.

http://mail.yahoo.com