On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Chuck Kelsey wrote:
> typical mobile installation? Maybe not. Do we DESIRE to run a certain
> level because we can? Sure, just like we may want to install a 100KW
> generator on site to run 3KW of load. That's fine if you can afford it,
> I suppose. My point was "is it needed?"

This is digressing, but if it's a diesel, you don't want a 100KW generator
running a 3KW load or it will wet stack.

http://www.allworlddieselgen.com/faq.htm (sales page)

Quote:
2) A diesel engine is subject to "wet stacking" or over fueling if run for
long periods of time with ultra light loads (less than 40% of the rated
output). "Wet Stacking" causes the engine to smoke and run rough because
the injectors become carbonized. Running a heavy load will usually clean
up the over-fuel condition and allow the engine to perform normally.
Diesel engines operate better and more fuel efficient when loaded (70-80%
is optimum).

But again, I digress.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>