I have an interesting thing happening on our two meter repeater.  We
have what appears to be a blanking white noise that is present on the
input.  The repeater is a split site system with a 440 link from the
two meter receiver site over to the transmitter site about 2000ft
away.  There are no duplexers in the system to cause problems.

The link on 440 is clean of any noise, so we are quite confident the
link is not a problem.

On two meters, when a signal is anything less than full quiteing, we
get a white noise that will almost mask the audio.  We have tried
different receivers such as the GE MVS and now a GE Master II.  We
have removed the preamplifier with minimal results.  The receivers
have excellent sensitivity and the tuning process of the receivers is
correct.  We have also tried putting pass cavities ahead of the
receiver with no appreciable change.  The antenna is a DB-224 mounted
on a broadcast tower just below the bays of an FM broadcast
commercial transmitter.  We have turned OFF the fm broadcast
transmitter at times to check if perhaps this was the problem but no
change was noted.

ANY IDEAS from anyone???

THANKS!
Gary - W5GNB