>Hello Group,
>I am completely new to VOIP, so I need some direction.  I have two
>repeaters with remote base ports that I would like to tie together via
>internet connection.  Can you direct me to a page or tell me where I
>can get info on what equipment I need to tie audio and logic
>connections into the PC, and what software I need?  Thanks, KC4FWC

A few questions are in order.  Are the computers co-located with the
repeater controllers or is there a radio link from the repeater to the
computer?  Is this an amateur system or commercial?

Which VOIP system are you considering using?  Echolink (amateur only)
does not have, by itself, a method of tying two EchoLink nodes together
permanently.  A companion program called Echotime will provide a
permanent link that will automatically re-connect if it is disconnected
for any reason.  IRLP can work as a permanent link if you want to run
Linix on both computers.  I suspect a system like Skype could be
configured to operate between two computers on a permanent link basis,
but I am not familiar with that system.

I built a direct interface from EchoLink to an RC-210 controller a year
ago and it has been in service since then with no problems.  I do not
use one of the custom interface boards that are marketed for EchoLink
and other VOIP systems, and find the DTMF decode works better in the
sound card than out on the external board since you can control the
audio frequency response in the sound card.  In your case, you may not
want any control signaling at all into the VOIP system if you are not
going to allow outside connects.

73 - Jim  W5ZIT