Yea, this is a little off topic!

After spending MANY hours today trying to get the 110V AC to 12V DC 45amp
converter for my motorhome operating, I am looking for new ideas. This system
needs to keep my deep cycle battery charged AND power the 12V DC appliances in
the motorhome.

Of course, I could go to several RV suppliers & purchase a replacement unit
for about $250. But I don't have the money to spend right now!!

So I am wondering if there is any reason I could not use the Astron 50 amp 12v
DC supply I have sitting in my garage doing nothing??

Ideas?

(I would trust the Astron more anyway because I think manufacturers
under-build most RV power systems. This 45 amp supply that has died looked to
me more like a 20 amp supply.)

thanks