In a message dated 12/6/2006 9:47:03 AM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Of course, you need extra cores!

Ken
I'm not sure about the Micor core composition but my first commercial two way
radio was an almost new Regency BTH301 30w high band radio. The tech that
gave it to me said he replaced the tripler transistor and a cracked core. Never
worked after that. The tripler would not tune. This was my first crack at
fixing a transmitter. After messing with this thing off and on for 2 months I
cracked the tripler core from messing with it too much. I went back to the shop
and
found another one just like it and got the core from the tripler coil and
screwed it in to my project radio. It screamed to life putting out 40w without
any serious metering. I then tried other cores from the same radio, none
worked.
Thats when I learned a little about core composition. If your stage wont tune
after you replace the cores make sure you got the right stuff.

Chris
N9LLO