I hate to see this happen!!! Yes I do have my code and I had to work at it.
Yes I do have a problem with my hearing, not sure what they call it, but my
ears are ringing all the time. Code was very had for me, but I got it. I found
an Elmer who taught me, AC7Z. He told me I have a real good Fist. I did not
like the code, but I wanted the General class so I learned the code.

I hope FCC will bring it back at least for the Extra class. There needs to be a
certain class that we all look up to, a class that is had to get. Why? Today
any HAM can buy a radio off the shelf. If it needs repaired, who works on it?
Very few HAMs today (including myself) work on their radios, they take it to
a shop for repairs. We need to learn how to repair it ourselves. You do not
need high tech, top of the line test equipment.

Ok, I will get off my pedestal, sorry.

I just hate to see this come about. Some times change is good, some times
change is bad. Time will tell on this change.

Rod KC7VQR