Hi Ian, All points noted and I do appreciate that a few 6M repeaters
in the UK do use the heliax design but I do wonder how stable and
efficient they are compared with a set of 4 Wacoms or similar. I
must admit that I have 8 suitable lenghs of LDF750 that has been
donated by our understanding aerial riggers but have not yet got a
soldering iron to them! I do however intend to make one stub and see
how that looks on a spectrum anyliser....I suppose in this weather I
could leave it out in the cold for a couple of hours and test it and
let it warm back up and test it again to see it's stability.

Having spoke to those that have got proper cans on their repeaters
they all recommend going down the can route (despite the expence)

              Cheers Dave UZN
ps.....Still looking for someone with a set of cans for sale.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "IM Ashford"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dave,
> Having looked at the GB3FH website,this duplexer looks to be self
compensating.

> Any expansion due to heating of the heliax inner should be
compensated by expansion of the linking feeder inner,pushing the
tuning bar upwards.

> I  have doubts as to the small effect on tuning that 0.2mm
expansion on a 1.3m stub would have (0-40 degC)

> I also have doubts that an inner constrained and corrugated in
foam would self expand in the first place.

> I think this design could be ideal given some R&D time and a
little patience..I have my eyes on a 25m piece of 1 5/8" at the
moment in the Oxford area.. I just need to persuade
> the owners that I am not a scrap metal capitalist and need the
stuff for a genuine non-profit purpose..