Your DMR are they simulcast with EM option ? if your county can flip
the bill why not do a simulcast system. www.simulcastsolutions.com
use one rpt pair. making radio much more simple. i would recommend a
kenwood tkr- 40 series rpt for this application. we did a simulcast
public safety system for sullivan county pa. and works quite well.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Powell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

  Thanks Jim!
  You managed to re-fire an old, unused neuron: Dispatch Console!
  I think there may be one, or parts of an old one in storage
somewhere.If I rember correctly, they will interface to nearly
anything thanks to a diode and jumper matrix and a mess of relays.
Probably be the only thing left working after an EMP event!  :-)
Then there's always the prospects of Frankensteining an older
CallDirector(tm) set.
 It appears that the county will also be swapping out fairly new Moto
remote bases with new units that can simulcast so there may be a
remote simplex base or to going into the mix too.
 Now all I need to come up with is a fail-safe interface for use at
the repeater sites.  Want to keep it simple and NOT have to get to the
 innards of the controlers.  Just want to break and tap the xmitter
PTT and audio lines and be able to route them down and back up
the "pipe" on command (my remote PTT).  Sounds like another job for a
good old relay!
 After 35 years with AT&T, you would have thought I would have
remembered my "roots" all by myself.
  Thanks!
 Bill - WB1GOT

 --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Jim B." <jdb@> wrote
> > Bill Powell wrote:
> > > I have an opportunity to establish remote control for several
of our
> > > ham repeaters that are co-locates with our county microwave
system.
> > > There are plenty of "spare" $W E&M channels available with the
switch
> > > from an analog to a digital system.
> > > My objective is to remove a little RF from our RACES room and
> > > consolodate the current mess into something simple.
> > > Ideally, I can hack together a simple pushbutton operated
panel: push
> > > to select a particular repeater.  Think of the old office
phones.
> > > Anyone out there doing this?
> > > Suggestions?
> > > Traps?
> >
> > Well, you will want to use the E&M part for PTT and you can also
use
> the
> > reverse path for a COR-based activity indication. Just remember
it's
> all
> > 600 ohm audio, keep levels down so that the max level that can
possibly
> > be generated is roughly under 0 dBm, but above -20. And the E&M
is
> > referenced to MINUS 48 volts, so watch your grounds and BE
CAREFUL!