--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Paul Metzger
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know about IOTA switching supplies, but my Newmar PM-12-70
> switching supply causes birdies all through my HF gear here at home.
> I also used a bank of five brand new 12V batteries tied to a Vector
> VEC1093A battery charger instead of the Newmar, and that charger as
> well is a switcher that also caused birdies all through my HF gear. I
> should have kept my old 70 Ampere non switching supply. Oh well, a
> lesson learned.
>
> Paul Metzger
> KQ6EH

Paul - I cant speak to the switchers that you mentioned above but the
IOTA's are very well designed and some of the fellas I know that have
used them & the older Todd switching supplies to power there HF
equipment have never had a problem with them causing birdies. Heck,
alot of HF gear now a days has switching supplies some of which are
built in as an option. Many repeaters that I am aware of have
switching supplies powering them. This is not as uncommon as you make
it sound......dan n2aym