I am fairly good at making documentation, and if this project works,
I will create a PDF complete with pictures and dimensions to help
others who may want to do this in the future.

I have learned:

1) I do not need to cut down the casing. The only reason to do this
would be for sizing.

2) The connectors used on the ResLok duplexers are easily uncrimped
and shortened, which means no additional expense for RG-142 cabling.

3) The loops may not need to be modified, as their orientation
defines their resonance within the cavity. So turning them a bit may
be all that is needed to get the proper loss/notch depth required for
this 220 project.

I have a nice camera, so I will document along the way.

Dave Cameron
VE7LTD

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Wright, Skywarn
Coodinator" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> On the 220 cavity conversion this would be excellent posting on the
> board info sheets.  Might consider giving it to the board
moderators
> or posting in the FILES section.
>
> 73, ron, n9ee/r
>

> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Mullarkey" <k7pfj@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi David,
> >

> > I just finished modifying 6 900MHz 10" cavities to use at 440MHz
> for a 3
> > channel receive combiner. Sinclair engineers will send you a PDF
of
> such
> > cavity at 220 and the loop length. At first they will be hesitant
> but they
> > will eventually send it to you. For the loops just make new loops
> and solder
> > them to the connector. For the internal rod. Unsolder the tower
and
> leave
> > the finger stock alone if possible to.
> >

> > Mike