447.900 versus 444.800 is a LONG LONG LONG way to go.  Or did you really
mean 444.790 versus 444.800?  That sounds more realistic.

There is a fixed cap, typically in the range of 20 to 39 pF, located more or
less behind the trimmer.  I can send you a pic if necessary to confirm which
cap it is.  You'll need to replace that cap with a different value (probably
a few pF less if you're only 10 kHz off at present).  Usually this cap is
NP0 temperature coefficient, but not always.  DO NOT put in some random cap
with poor thermal stability; stick with an NP0 and hope that it remains
stable under temperature variations.  If you really want accurate
compensation, you should send the element to ICM and have them do it.

                                --- Jeff