At 1/8/2007 15:22, you wrote:
>Hi Bob,
>    I would like to get a copy of that circuit if you have one available.
>
>Thanks,

OK, here is the circuit I used.  The original National Semiconductor
circuit had a 30 K resistor in series with a 400 uF cap., both in parallel
with the 100 K resistor on the input of the 1st LM324 section.  I found
that combo to actually destabilize the operation of the controller for this
particular application, so I removed them & changed the 2 uF cap in series
with the 10 megohm resistor to 5 uF.  That cap is a non-polarized paper
capacitor; I believe a 4.7 uF non-polarized ceramic should work as well.

The 1/4 watt heater resistor & LM34 temperature sensor are mounted on the
same side of the crystal but separated as far apart as possible.

Bob NO6B