Hi all,

I've been working on this problem for a while and have not come up
with any good solutions. So I'm hoping to find someone that has "been
there, done that" with some suggestions.

The issue is that I want to add a same-band remote base to an
existing repeater. The main problem is that the remote base is a
transceiver and I can't find a way to provide proper isolation
to/from the repeater.

Here are the frequencies, but it looks like it really doesn't matter
all that much. The repeater transmits on 443.300, receives on
443.800. We're using a typical UHF pass-reject duplexer with about 70
db of isolation between those two freqs. The remote base will
transmit on 444.225 and receive on 449.225.

I can put two antennas on the tower, but my horizontal space will be
less than 20 feet.

>From the pile of spare parts, I have a multitude of UHF band pass and
notch filters. I would also not be opposed to adding something like a
pass-notch duplexer if there is a way to configure it to work.

>From my testing, it seems that the real issue is that the remote base
is a transceiver and there is pretty much no way to add anything
except notch filtering. Adding band pass cans will filter either the
tx or the rx, but not in any combination (that I can find) to do both.

If the remote base had a separate tx and rx, then a band pass can
with a notch can (on the repeater freqs) on each side would probably
work fine.

Anyone have a good solution?

Dwayne Kincaid
WD8OYG