[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Really!  I noticed some decay problems with an RLC-MOT we have on an SCom
> 7k.  I've always attributed it to COS line propagation delay in the
> controller, but perhaps the 2.2 µF cap is the major culprit.  We solved the
> problem by using the onboard audio gating, which I see uses pins 6 & 7 of
> the Micor squelch IC.
>
> Bob NO6B

And there is some. I experienced the same with my 6K, and did use gated
audio to drive the 6K. Basically the controller is taking the place of
the original squelch gate board, audio-wise.
If you have a really good signal from the repeater, ie, sitting at the
site, and a good radio/speaker, and you turn the volume up high enough,
you can hear the gate close slightly after the squelch closes, maybe
another 2-5mS. (Actually, I remember the gating time was measured by Bob
and crew, but I don't remember the time frame.)

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL