> "Jim B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just wait till we start seeing Chinese cars...you thought
> the  Yugo was bad...

I have seen the new Chinese made cars for the US Market...  and if
the one I've seen becomes available for regular sale here in the
US... GM and Ford are going to be in much bigger trouble.  It's
pretty nice...

Onward...

The JTong style Asian UHF and VHF Radios have been finding their
way over here to some of my more "creative" ham friends.

They promise the moon and almost deliver it. The radios work pretty
well except they shoot themselves in the foot with what appears to
be a 3-cent mic element.  So the tx audio sounds like the user has
a sock/rag (or equiv) in his/her mouth.  If they get the tx audio
problem fixed... we're going to see a heck of a lot more of them.

(My friend sold his before we had a chance to try a speaker mic
on it.)

cheers,
skipp