From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 11:25 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: New article on Channel Element/ICOM
stability - W3KKC

At 2/3/2007 20:09, you wrote:
>If there is such a thing - ICM in OKC would be tops, then Bomar, and down
>the line.  sb

Given the horror story given here recently by Dave KA9FUR, I can't even
consider ICM at this point.  It's as if most of the crystal manufacturers
just don't care if they put out a decent product anymore.

Maybe the answer is DDS modules.  Sure, they need stabilization or
compensation as well, but at least they become an integral, non-replaceable
part of the radio.  Not sure how you'd direct FM them, though - they may
not like having their reference modulated.

Bob NO6B