-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of texasexpediter
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 5:17 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] mobile repeater setup

I drive a truck OTR and at times work with FEMA. Would it be possible
to put together a mobile repeater system that could be used in areas
without power? I have a generator system in my truck so I have 110
power available. My interest would be in something semi permanently
installed without need for putting antennas up or down. I realize it
would have a rather limited reach but would theoretically allow an ht
user 5 miles east of the truck to talk to an ht user 5 miles west of
the truck when they wouldn't be able to talk simplex. With mobiles the
effective radius presumably would be greater as well.

My questions are is this feasible and reasonable? What would be the
least expensive system I could put together to do this job? Thanks in
advance for all suggestions. 73 Leo K5LDB