On Tuesday 13 February 2007 14:51:42 mch wrote:
> A much faster internet with faster mail servers at YahooGroups.
>
> Joe M.
>
> radiomog wrote:
> > and what
> > would it take to see that messages show up in order and on a timely
> > basis?

The situation is pretty complicated.  There are a lot of reasons why
emails might not show up in 'order'.  Really, your email program
should be the thing that sorts and diplays emails.  If you use
Windws, Eudora and Thunderbird are far FAR safer to run than
MS Outlook.

Mail systems are frequently many machines working together,
and if one of them gets bogged down for some reason its mail
might be delayed getting out, even though other mails on
the other machines in the system are fine.

Mail systems today are *reeling* under the load of spam.  It
isn't possible to overstate this, and it has weird effects on
everything mail related.  Yes, there are times when I'd like
to throttle Yahoo's email system but overall they do fairly
well, and do a better job than most of weeding out spam.

Lastly, don't forget that your ISP might be having problems
as well, creating delays too.  Your ISP has to deal with spam
as well, and there are times when they aren't going to be
dealing so well, either.

Sigh.  I remember simpler days when email systems were
actually fun to administer...

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82