--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "skipp025" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

If you are going to use this Antenna to work on and test radio's &
need a split of 135 to 174 I don't that will be possible, Most
antenna will cover that range but you have to trim them for a certain
Freq some are trimmed at Factory & some user has to trim .
 As per the difference between Commercial and ham antennas usually
the commercial antennas are better built & will withstand more wind
load & last longer with less service , But I don't think would have
any better signal . I use both for ham Have a chushcraft 26-b2 has
been in use for 9 years works as good as day I put up . Also have a
commercial Dipole stacked 4 which has been in use for same amount of
time . Both are on 30' tower if I was going to put on tower above
100' would want the best antenna I could find or Buy would be a whole
lot cheaper than having to replace often .