skipp025 wrote:

> > > But an over deviated new radio doesn't sound crappy in the typical
> > > operators hands. It often sounds pretty darn good/loud. So the
> > > mfgrs keep sending them out "hot" and few people complain about
> > > it.
>
> > And repeaters which 'fix' the problem for them doesn't help, either.
>
> By the nature of the beast.. most all standard repeater operation
> should clean up a wide input signal through the repeat process. It
> may not be optimal but it's realistic. Pretty much everyone is doing
> it.

I give up. This is supposed to be about audio - not deviation. I guess
no argument can be made about the audio, so the subject is changed.

> > Again this is the problem in today's ham radio - people are so
> > worried about hurting the feelings of others they won't even tell
> > them when they need their radio fixed.
>
> We have not experienced or heard about this being a major problem. In
> the few times really hot radios have come on the system we describe
> the deviation problem and try to help the user resolve it. We don't
> tell them the radio needs to be fixed. Only that the radios out of
> the box alignment is not optimal for standard voice repeater
> operation and what options they may have to resolve those issues.

Yet you're the one who brought up the users being torqued off. If it
isn't a problem, why was it brought up as a concern?

> > Criticizing others personally is a sign of poor character.
> > Criticize my comments, debate them, or accept them. Don't try
> > to avoid them like this.
>
> I care not to debate you Joe... just to make sure your blood pressure
> is in check and that you stop listening to so much Michael Savage on
> the broadcast radio.

Whoever that is. Fine don't debate the issues. Why post a reply?

> > What do you do to eliminate the squelch crash? I have yet to hear
> > anything other than audio delays that will do it with the single
> > exception of the Micor which will have a very short crash (almost
> > to the point of a click) on strong signals. But, it is still
> > there, and weak signals still have the traditional crash.
> > Joe M.
>
> Sure...
> I'll tell you the msr-2000 repeater has a dual squelch circuit in
> normal repeater operation.  Proper adjustment of both squelch
> levels pretty much removes any crash noise.  No audio delay lines
> and everyone sounds like a breath of spring...

It gives everyone an Irish accent? ;->

Joe M.