I too have used the SB-50 power pole connectors and they are GREAT !
All of my DC stuff here is standardized around the SB-50's

I have installed them on my Son's big John Deere tractors to power
accesory equipment, on his dairy farm

Nortel uses the SB-50's (Black) on their fibre equipment
and access nodes. This eq. runs on -48 volts

The 30 amp units at times seem to have a somewhat weaker spring and
recently I had some that were made by AMP and the spring in them seemed
to be quite a bit stiffer....made the connectors harder to pull apart.

Soldering these 30 amp units can cause problems if solder or flux moves
down on to the surface of the blade....so I only crimp them now and no
further
problems with that.

The crimp tool from West Mountain Radio works great for the 15, 30 & 45 amp
connectors...AES handles this tool...I just pick up one in Orlando, cost
just under 50 dollars.

73 John  VE3AMZ  Waterloo Ontario.