At 3/23/2007 13:25, you wrote:

>Also, I had a type N connector mode pretty bad at around 6 gHz in the middle
>of an antenna project some years ago.  It was a Kings E/U suffix.  Sort of
>blew my faith in the 11 gHz myth, er spec.
>
>td
>wb6mie

We had some N connectors rated for 18 GHz that I once used on solid .141"
dia. semirigid.  At first I noticed a nasty resonance just above 1 GHz, but
found that it went away when I tightened the connector a bit further.  The
18 GHz male Ns don't use a segmented or "springy" outer conductor, but
instead have a solid shield ring that likely requires a more precise female
mating connector, & in this case there was probably a gap somewhere along
the ring, which the additional mating force eliminated.

Bob NO6B