Doug wrote:
>       I have just about completed setting up the MSR2000 as per the
> article by K4HAL and WA6ILQ
> and it appears to work just great. I have to interface it to the 7k
> and Doug Hall interface and
> it will be ready to go. All the cabling is done. The only option
> cards left in are the TOT and
> the Station Control card.
>
> However, when I key the radio, it appears the pl tone is being
> transmitted all the time. The
> PL DISABLE switch has no affect on it. Is this normal??

uhhh-yes-that is normal for all repeaters and base stations. It is more
frequently called 'monitor' however. It is used to disable the CTCSS
decoder. It is a requirement on commercial freqs to make certain that
you are not interfering with another transmission on the freq, usually
by  temporarily disabling the decoder and listening carrier squelch.

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL