skipp025 wrote:
> Re: Poor Mans Repeater Project anyone?
>
> Would some of you group members be interested in a "Poor Mans
> Repeater Project" as described below?

Back in the 70's I breadboarded a VOX circuit that used a diode voltage
doubler driving a big cap and a NPN transistor keying a small reed
relay. I put a "ouncer" telephone transformer in line, and a .01 cap and
pot in series for the repeat audio path. I mounted it all in a little
project box I had, two terminal strips for I/O.
Plug the input into the speaker jack on a rx radio, and mic and PTT into
the tx radio and off you go. Users had to voice ID it as they ID'ed.
Ran that at a couple of hamfests years back, rx was an Icom IC-22A or
22S, tx was a KDK FM144 on 1W. Toss it under the seat, gain antenna on
the roof for rx, rubber duck or 1/4-wave mag mt under the car (or in the
trunk)for tx.
Sounded like crap, but it worked.

--
Jim Barbour