On 4/15/07, Bob & Linda Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think our Micor must have been properly converted because it has been on
the air for about 25 years according to the original owner who I talk with 2
weeks ago.  Our Micro is on 2 meters and has a 70 cm receiver in the cabinet
who's frequency I don't know.  Need to find that out!!

The main reason for a possible change of equipment is the possibility of
some digital work later on.

Thanks for the pointers.

Bob WB6ODR

Side note for your project there Bob,

Just because it was "on-air" doesn't mean it performed well, or even to
spec.

If you have things like a UHF receiver in the cabinet that you don't know
what it is, now is the time to document, document, document...

Later on, you'll certainly want to know things like, "Just where is that
wire from the controller hooked to", and digital photos, drawings of all
wiring, etc... are what you'll need.  Attack the thing with a label maker
too, and label every cable interconnect and every port they plug into.  Take
lots of pictures.  Go nuts.  Digital is cheap.

Next, find someone with the right test gear and measure all the basics as
it's installed at your site.  Receiver sensitivity off and on the antenna
system,  transmitter power level, duplexer isolation, feedline losses...
whatever you can measure, and write it all down somewhere -- start your
"engineering book" for the repeater system, and then require that if changes
are made, the docs get updated.

You'll be happy you did later.  And as friends say, if you haven't measured
-- you don't know where you're starting from...

Nate WY0X