I have aquired a glenayre amp that I know nothing about.

The model number is GL-MCP21A. No matter where I search, I can not seem
to find info on it.

It is a 3U mount, with a really cool rotary fan in the front of the
case. There is a power output reading on the front panel. It runs from
28V DC. I just happen to have the macthing power supply :)

It has a pre-driver that consists of a single MRF-182. It then goes
into a wild 10-way divider and then combined back into a single output.
The final driver stage has 10 or 12 independently fused MRF-182
transistors. Each MRF182 is rated for 30W, so this looks to be in the
order of 150-200Watts.

Any idea of a frequency range or power output. The one thing on the net
is a PDF from Asia that shows it as a 280Mhz paging amp. This would
make a wicked 220Mhz repeater amp if I could get some info on it.

I would like to know more about it before blindly throwing RF into it.
Do most Glenayre exciters output 4W?

Dave Cameron
VE7LTD