On May 23, 2007, at 8:48 PM, tgundo2003 wrote:

> 2. Has anyone had any problems with interference from the Railroad
> Locomotive Remote control and telemetry systems? They are on 452.XXXX
> and 457.XXXX. I have a UHF repeater near a railyard and they are
> clobbering the input at times.

When you say "clobbering the input" have you looked at this signal
with a spectrum analyzer?  I doubt they're really on your input.
What is your receive frequency?

You're more likely fighting a mix with something else or they have
serious problems with that transmitter.  If they're really on your
input, which I assume is at least 3-5 MHz away... they gotta fix that
if there's any reasonable amount of separation between you and them.

Would be best to know before you bug 'em, but if they're friendly --
they'll likely have the right test gear to find out what their
transmitter is doing... if anything.

What kind of radio is your receiver, are there any other high-power
transmitters in the area, and what frequency is your receiver on?

If their transmitter is on full-time, and it only "clobbers" you part-
time, it's a mix... with something else that's going on and off the
air... you need to find that signal and then do the math to see if
the mix makes sense... etc.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X