-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Barry C'
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:03 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: UPS

I am surprised no one has suggested the simple answer  with a ups , find one
that does the job and

fit a huge external battery , I have a 2kw unit here with storage which will
run for days (140 kg of

cells), used ups and used traction batteries

Locally I can buy an 750 watt ups for under $100.00 from china and a used
traction battery ( fork

lift) is the cost of removal and the lead .Its very possible seeing traction
batteries like mine are single

cells to build whats required , maybe the local phone company can help  with
single cells ?.

>From: "Gary Schafer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: UPS
>Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 20:30:08 -0500
>
>The problem is. Using a battery on a power supply is that unless you run
>the
>power supply output at around 13.3 to 13.6 volts you are not properly
>"floating the battery. 13.8 volts is too high for most batteries and it
>will
>eventually cook the battery.
>

>The other problem is, even at 13.8 volts, that is not high enough to
>properly recharge the battery after it has been discharged. It will never
>get back the proper charge at those voltages. To properly charge the charge
>voltage needs to be run up to around 14.3 volts.
>

>A 3 stage charger is required to do the job. Yes a couple of tenths of a
>volt does make a big difference in battery maintenance.
>

>73
>
>Gary  K4FMX
>

>   _____

Advertisement: Missy Higgins new album On A Clear Night – stream full tracks

now!
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=781&referr
al=hotmailtaglineMay&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/playlist.aspx?sectionid
=2465&sectionname=artistfeature&subsectionid=9150&subsectionname=missyhiggin
s&categoryid=2577

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:59 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.