> A real handy box that I've not seen and I wish someone would sell is
> something that you could feed discriminator audio to and display
> the currently heard DTMF string, DPL or tone PL.
> An enhancement to the DPL / tone PL display function would be a
> storage feature so I could park it and a receiver (i.e. a 18ah gell cell,
> a Maxtrac or a scanner, an antenna and this box) on a hilltop and a
> week later it would tell me what tones/codes are in use on a
> particular channel.

Optooelectronics used to make a box exactly like this, with serial port
for PC logging and all that.
I have one and and I'm *very* happy with it.
(I'm sorry, but I'm not selling mine!)

Checking the website they now have a box that includes a counter, too,
but no longer the single decoder.

Perhaps you can fleabay one of the older boxes?

73,

Geert Jan