Chris,

In my area the local Fire and EMS departments are a long way from the 911
center. As a result they use UHF link transmitters to send

The two-tone page to the local base at the departments location and it is
re-broadcast on their local frequency. There are a few departments that
receive their pages via a local VHF Public Safety repeater in their area. So
set up a base station capable of generating the two-tone signal and use it
to send the page out thru your local 2M machine.  The only caution would be
to ensure the

Signal does not get compressed or rolled off by the repeater. Around here we
use 3khz for tone levels...

Hope this helps.

WA9NE