Now, this makes a little more sense.  As you show here, if you are
using say a DTMF or Tone Page to activate only one radio or pager at a
single time is not considered paging, but if you are activating more
than 1 pager, then that is considered broadcasting, correct.

One problem is that here locally, several ARES/RACES groups in a few
cities and counties, have their repeaters setup to set out a tone
alert and DTMF code that opens up pagers setup for the tones and
radios setup for the DTMF code to activate SkyWarn nets and more.

Some say that their paging cycle takes up to 2 minutes to complete
from start to finish, so I don't know if the system sends the tone
page to each member one at a time or not.  But all of them talk about
sending out the tones ot DTMF tones to open the radios and pagers of
their members.

I would consider this paging  "broadcasting" myself, though it might
no be when the rules and regs are applied.

But my question is still, doesn't the FCC also consider the one way
transmission from, again as an example, W1AW that are training codes,
announcements, bullitens, etc. to also be a "broadcast" transmission,
since it is intened for all amateurs that receive it?  That is one way
I am confused about broadcasting, as it applies to the rules.