That did the trick. Thanks a lot.

  Andy KC2GOW

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Generally you have to put the Kenwood radios in to programming mode, then
you can read/write to it.

Try one of the following to get it into programming mode.

Press and hold the button below PTT and C button and then turn on. Wait a
couple of seconds.

or

Press and hold "MON" and "A" buttons, and then turn on. Wait a couple of
seconds.

You should also check out the Kenwoodlmr yahoo group.

-Sean

> Hey guys,
> I just got handed a Kenwood TK-353 to program...being new to the
> 353 I am not sure where to look with this problem--> I have the
> software and cable but cannot communicate with the radio. The port
> settings are correct but the computer and radio will not handshake at
> all.
>
> Any special procedure for programming this one?
> Yes I am running the software off my old 486MHz machine in DOS mode.
>
> Andy KC2GOW

photos & more.