Great information...  and with some models of mobile and portable
radios you can get into different modes by pressing various buttons
on power-up.  One combination might put the radio into front panel
programming mode while another two-button combo might put the radio
in pc programming mode. Depends if the proper internal jumpers have
been set to allow front panel programming.

Don't forget some of the older radios with an odd ball programming
interface. Even as a Kenwood Dealer it was very hard for me to find
programming cables for radios like the tk-230 and tk-330 type
portable radios. We often have to make our own...

It seems like some radio brands & models almost require you hold
your right leg in the air pointing southeast... on Tuesday only
before 11am using the exact special software on the exact special
computer with some secret power up sequence to read and write
information to a radio.

Ahh... the things we do.

cheers,
s.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> Generally you have to put the Kenwood radios in to programming mode,
then
> you can read/write to it.
>
> Try one of the following to get it into programming mode.
>
> Press and hold the button below PTT and C button and then turn on.
Wait a