> If the IDer has a PROM then little can and should be done to
> go another way...a new PROM.

The original prom is probably a 74287 and they easy enough to
find... still.  There's a guy on Ebay selling tubes of them for
just over $2 each, which is a great deal.

LOTof 25 - MH74S287 - TESLA 74S287 - 74287 - ic -NEW
Ebay Item number: 290104898405

I bought a few tubes from him and both he and they are the
real deal.

> If you know the PROM type one might be able to program and
> replace.  One problem is the PROMs are so old they are hard
> to find.
> Depending on the PROM I might be able to help.
> 73, ron, n9ee/r

Proms don't seem to be that hard to find.... yet.

cheers,
skipp