Good Evening,

I have a PD455 Super Stationmaster that is about 12 years old. I
recently replaced it due to and SWR issue. I suspected a jumper
issue. But since it is so high up on a tower, I didn't want to take
any chances while having the climbers rig the tower, and pay twice,
so I went ahead and replaced the antenna as well as the jumper.

Well, come to find out, the problem was that the LDF4-50 jumper came
loose from the side arm, and the stress pulled the center pin in on
the N connector, thus causing an arc condition inside the N female
connector at the bottom of the antenna. To make matters worse, the
actual N Female termination was half unscrewed from the bottom of the
antenna.

Once on the ground, I decided to unscrew it out completely. To my
suprise, it looks like the antenna is actually terminated into
something resembling a UHF male connector embedded into the end of
the inner assembly, and a UHF female to N female adapter is screwed
in at the factory, providing the N female termination as ordered  I'm
guessing that if some other termination (DIN or UHF) is ordered, a
different adapter is screwed in.

Anyone familiar with this adapter, or know where I can obtain said
replacement adapter?  I have some standard UHF female - N female
barrel adapters, but they are much shorter and not of the quality
like the Celwave unit. I don't want to trust a cheap adapter at 500ft
in the air!

I'll call RFS when I get a chance, but based on recent correspondence
with them, I don't hold much hope getting any support from them.  Sad
part is their old factory in Marboro NJ was a mile from my office -
in the early 90's telecom boom days I used to drive my truck there
and pick 30 Statiomasters up at a clip, no cardboard tubes needed!
Now their old office and testing grounds is a strip mall, and the
factory land has been surrounded by million dollar homes!

Eric
KE2D