Tony L. wrote:
> I own a VX6 and regularly use a local Quantar repeater without any
> problems.  To the best of my knowledge, the Quantar is stock.

I also know of at least two people using VX-6's through a
digital-capable (set in dual-mode analog and P25, they're of course
using analog!) Quantar.  Two Quantars in fact.  Not my Quantar's though.

Something odd is going on there.  That's why I recommended contacting
both Yaesu *and* Moto... something's fishy.

And there's always other things to consider like... are the received
signals being phase-shifted by something (lots of reflections/multipath)
and it's confusing the Reverse Burst squelch-closure mechanism in the
Quantar?

I forget now, wasn't there some mention of voting and/or Astro modems or
something?  Maybe I'm mixing this conversation up with another about P25
I was having...

I haven't ever set up one, but I bet that the RB feature can be turned
off to find out if it's involved in the problem you're hearing.  And if
there's "other stuff" on the repeaters, make sure the repeaters are
working properly all by their little selves without all that stuff
attached and doing things.

Anyway, that's more ideas that came to mind.

No Quantar's here for me... just another @#^%^#$ unhappy MASTR II VHF PA
to go deal with... (sigh).  (Wish we could figure out what kills them.
The thing is driving directly into a dual-stage isolator, it's
definitely seeing a 50 ohm load and no reflected power...)

I'm sure my "GE friends" would be appalled that I'd love to have a
Quantar up there to try out... LOL!

Nate WY0X