-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John B
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 10:51 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] duplexer isolation and receiver noise budget

I'm attempting to design a system that will have a VHF repeater (freqs
not yet determined) sharing an antenna with 2 packet radios (APRS on
144.39 and Winlink on 145.05, either of which may be active as a
digipeater at any time).

I'm currently considering a bandpass-only "quadplexor" to isolate the
radios from each other.. each radio running through a bandpass filter
tuned to its frequency only (that includes the transmitter and
receiver for the repeater), on the theory that it is a lot easier to
pass one frequency than it is to reject 3 others.

Assuming that none of the transmitters run more than 50w, how many DB
down do I need to be outside of the passband to minimize desense for
any of the 3 receivers ??

Any other suggestions on how I might handle this hookup would be
greatly appreciated. I'm nearing completion my trailer-mounted 40ft
crank up tower, and I'm having some problems budgeting space for a
filtering system with 12 bandpass cavities without cutting into
general cargo space.