I think you need to identify what your priorities for this project are.
If it's not cost, then there are several ways to do this thing. It
seems like your biggest concern might be physical size of the cavity
package.

If that is the case, what I would do would be to get a repeater pair in
the 147MHz range, the upper meg of 2M. If that is possible you could
get two 2M duplexers, one for the 147 repeater, and another for the
144/145 frequencies. Now you have everything combined into two antenna
ports, one for the 144/145 stuff and one for the 147 repeater.

Next, you need a way to combine these two ports into one antenna. This
could be done with several notch type cavities, or a wideband pass type
duplexer.

The duplexer solution would be easier, and take less rack space. There
is a company called DCI that can build you a custom BP duplexer that
would cover the 144/145 on one port and 147 on the other. Should be
able to make it with 60 to 70dB of isolation between the two ports, and
about 1.5 to 2 dB of insertion loss.

Now depending on the duplexers that you choose, it should all fit on
less than one standard 6ft rack, maybe even half a rack.

You should end up with 75+ dB of isolation from any port to any other,
and probably about 3 to 3.5 dB of insertion loss, which is a little
much, but acceptable for this type of operation.

The bad news is the cost. This could be in the 6K range, give or take,
maybe as little as 3K, if you can shop around for the 2 duplexers, and
are not overly concerned about the size.

Contact www.dci.ca and tell them what you are trying to do, and what
they could engineer a solution for the wideband duplexer part of this.
They probably can't do anything for the 2 close spaced pairs, and that
is where Telewave, dB Products, Sinclair, TXRX, etc will come in.

It should work out OK, but using two antennas would be simpler and
cheaper, but maybe that isn't an option.

Joe

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.