----- Original Message -----
From: "Nate Duehr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 4:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] RAIN Report: D-STAR Repeater Trustee, K6BIV,
Responds to NFCC Letter to the FCC

> Jay Urish wrote:
>> Another guy with an 'expert' buddy saying D-Star IS NOT a repeater..
>> Never mind the fact that Icom says its a repeater and as you transmit on
>> one frequency, your voice comes out of another..Oh yea, delay is
>> irrelevant..
>
> That's not fair to the content of the interview.
>
> Tim points out that his "expert buddy" convinced not only Tim, but the
> FCC, specifically Bill Cross, in 2006, that it was NOT a repeater.
>
> Tim did the "right thing" in 2006 and ASKED.  And was told, "Not a
> repeater.  Go ahead."  BY THE FCC.
[snip]

I still want to know if Bill Cross ever consulted with JARL or ICOM before
making his decision, or if he relied entirely on the information given him
by Barrett and John Burningham.  I'd have a hard time believing that he
would come to the conclusion he did if he had actually spoken to the people
who designed and built the system.

George, KA3HSW