There are several articles on converting an MSR-2000 to amateur repeater
service on the Repeater-Builder website, under the Motorola Mitrek/MSR-2000
pages, that include pinouts for connecting an external controller.  Take a look
at:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/msr2k/msr2k-conversion-k4hal.html  and

http://www.repeater-builder.com/msr2k/msr2k-conversion-w0dod.html

I think you'll find all you need there.