-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Morris WA6ILQ
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 2:42 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] "Motorola" antenna adapter part number needed

Years ago the standard scanner radio antenna
connector was the so-called "Motorola car radio"
connector. It was a metal cylinder maybe 1/4" in
diameter with a protruding center pin.

Does anybody know of a commercial source of
a male "Motorola" connector to BNC female adapter?
Alternatively an SO239 female?

I'm trying to put a couple of older scanners back into
service - one is going to a new ham, one is going
to a friend's repeater as a NOAA weather channel
receiver. Both need to have external antennas
added to them.

Yes, I could butcher the radio and install a BNC
female, but I thought I'd see if I could buy a couple first.

Mike WA6ILQ