  From: Mike Morris WA6ILQ
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 2:41 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] "Motorola" antenna adapter part number needed

  Years ago the standard scanner radio antenna
  connector was the so-called "Motorola car radio"
  connector. It was a metal cylinder maybe 1/4" in
  diameter with a protruding center pin.

  Does anybody know of a commercial source of
  a male "Motorola" connector to BNC female adapter?
  Alternatively an SO239 female?

  I'm trying to put a couple of older scanners back into
  service - one is going to a new ham, one is going
  to a friend's repeater as a NOAA weather channel
  receiver. Both need to have external antennas
  added to them.

  Yes, I could butcher the radio and install a BNC
  female, but I thought I'd see if I could buy a couple first.

  Mike WA6ILQ