The major problem I was having is resolved. I've finally got a UHF backyard
pair for my portable repeater :-) No more hassling with trying to pack 4
radios into 1mhz of VHF bandwidth :-)

Since there isn't a way to look at receiver specs and figure how much
isolation is really needed, here I am asking - what is my best bet for
radios to build a UHF repeater? I'm currently looking at a Hamtronics
receiver/exciter pair with separate PA, but I'm pretty much open to anything
I can get at a reasonable price (300-400 for both RX and TX, PA extra if
needed). The repeater controller I will be using has PL built in, so the
radios don't need it. I would prefer 50 watts or better output, 100w max.

Size is important. I've only got about 16" of depth to mount this in, though
there is a way I can get bigger than that if absolutely necessary. If the
equipment recommended has any "front panel" controls, it needs to be 16" or
less front to back. If no controls, then I have a lot more freedom in
mounting.