On Nov 1, 2007, at 10:16 PM, John Barrett wrote:

> Since there isn’t a way to look at receiver specs and figure how
> much isolation is really needed, here I am asking – what is my best
> bet for radios to build a UHF repeater? I’m currently looking at a
> Hamtronics receiver/exciter pair with separate PA, but I’m pretty
> much open to anything I can get at a reasonable price (300-400 for
> both RX and TX, PA extra if needed). The repeater controller I will
> be using has PL built in, so the radios don’t need it. I would
> prefer 50 watts or better output, 100w max.

You might consider talking to the sponsors of this mailing list, of
course... Repeater Builder, the company.

Scott and Kevin make a fine repeater from both Micor and MASTR II
mobiles that would easily fit in your space, probably.

It'd probably be below your budgeted price for the radios, and would
perform as good as anything "modern" on the market.

You could also take a "dip" into the RB knowledge base online and do a
conversion/re-tune yourself -- the RB the Company guys might even have
parts they would sell you that are known tested/working -- saving you
some hassles in going up the learning curve of "what to look for" from
the likes of eBay, etc...

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X

<*> Your email settings: