The fix was repeater A to replace a notch filter they had on the repeater to
notch out repeater B.

David

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nate Duehr
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 3:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Possible interference on 146.160

  On Nov 11, 2007, at 8:34 AM, David Murman wrote:

  > I also had intermittent interference coming from two amateur
  > repeaters. I maintain an ARMY MARS repeater and when repeater a and
  > repeater B were on it produced a signal within 5 khz of the input to
  > the ARMY MARS repeater. Both amateur repeaters were located on top
  > of the same building. The MARS repeater was located some miles away.
  >
  > It took a little looking at a spectrum analyzer to find the two.
  > Repeater A minus repeater B plus repeater A = interference to MARS
  > repeater.

  That math works out on any three repeaters with the same offset.
  Doesn't matter if they're Amateur, MARS, commercial... 5 MHz split on
  all three, means there's an opportunity to mix from two transmitters
  plus one input, to another input.

  What would be more interesting is what you did to mitigate it. Was
  the mix happening externally or in one of the systems? Someone
  forget to install an isolator? Little to no filtering on a high-level
  pre-amp on the MARS repeater? What was it?

  --
  Nate Duehr, WY0X