At 01:27 PM 11/11/2007, you wrote:

>One of the Hams in my area is experimenting with a scheme
>to use a so-called atomic clock to jam-set the correct time once per day.
>With regular synchronism to WWVB, the time announcements will normally be no
>more than a second off. Once he gets this idea working, perhaps I can get
>him to write an article about it. I and many other "time-and-frequency
>geeks" think that time announcements should be correct.

<----If one runs an IRLP node, there is a really simple way to set
the clock of your controller every X hours to insure accuracy. I have
posted the scripts needed to do this (quite simple to implement) in
the files section of our yahoogroups mailing list (I probably should
post them to our website as well). Running NTP on your IRLP node
insures great accuracy.

Alternately, we will be adding support to our products to use NEMA
data from a cheap GPS for clock accuracy in the near future as well.

Ken

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"