-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Don Kupferschmidt
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 5:43 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Dallas Semiconductor Real-Time Clock (Was
RC-96 Controller Problem)

Eric,

I've been toying around with this idea for a couple of years - set the SCOM
7K clock to atomic standards. As you know, the 7K's are prone to drifting
with their time of day clock.

The idea is to have a stable WWV signal that "listen" to the top of the hour

signal. I'm thinking that is a 1000 kHZ tone, but I could be wrong about
that.

If someone could build a circuit to decode the top of the hour signal from
WWV, you could command the controller, through macros, to reset the clock.
Shouldn't be all that difficult.

The designers of the new SCOM controller recognized that problem earlier,
and as I am told, have placed a new crystal / circuit in the time of day
clock to address that problem in the 7330 line.

With all of the 7K's out in the field, if a simple circuit could be made it
would eliminate the drifting problem.

Don, KD9PT