skipp025 wrote:
> The only issue might be getting the receiver up to the 440-450
> range and maybe reduced output from the high power 110w PAs.
> If you can get them cheap.... they are well worth using. You
> can also trade them with us here in the US for mid range
> receivers as we use the 420 band for linking.
>
> They will already operate narrow band without any modification.

Not an MSR-2000! They stopped making those before the NB mandate came
into being.
You can turn the deviation down, of course, but the receiver will still
be wide-band.
Xtal filter mods can be gotten from Comm-Spec, but doing so is not
appropriate for a fed or PS customer, if for no other reason then it's
old enough that it should be replaced anyway, from a reliability standpoint.
20 years is a normal end-of-life for base station equipment in
mission-critical applications.
--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL